Why should you buy this type of product? Regardless of whether you purchase Ecoshoots reusable cotton pads or a similar product from another brand we need to stop sending masses of cotton to landfill. We have developed a throw-away culture over the last 20 years and we are at breaking point. Landfills are creaking and the environment is suffering.
Do you hate waste? By making the switch to reusable cotton pads for your make up routine, it will mean you do your bit to plant the seed of change that the world needs.
Bamboo is a remarkable plant that can have many applications in the reusable & sustainable product space.
- Bamboo is a naturally sustainable resource with some species growing up to 4 feet per day
- Low space and water requirements
- The plant grows naturally without any pesticides or fertilizers.
- Once harvested it regrows from it owns roots.
- Bamboo fibres are anti-bacterial
Why should you buy this product in particular?
Stain Eliminating Design
Previous designs of this type of product suffer from stains which are prevented with this bamboo cotton pads by having a black side for cleansing (mascara & Lipstick especially) and a white side for toning and cleansing giving you the best of both worlds in one pad
2x Laundry/Storage bags
We have two 100% cotton laundry bags included – One to store your clean bamboo wipes and the other to store your used makeup remover wipes that are waiting to be washed.
No plastic toggle on the bag
Long term cost savings
There is a long term cost saving over standard cotton pads due to the durability of the materials used and the fact they are washable up to 500-1000 times with enough pads for a 2-week wash cycle
Can be used for exfoliating
The Black Bamboo Terry side can be used as a face exfoliator and for deep cleaning of skin to remove impurities. Keep your skin pure and clean with minimal effort.
98% Plant-based fibres
This fantastic product has been created from two different types of Bamboo/Cotton fabric. They are 98% Plant-based fibre. We use 2% synthetic stitching is used to prolong the life of the product as natural fibre stitching breaks down very quickly. All other brands do the same but we are transparent about this and concede it as a design compromise.
Just like other cellulose-based clothing materials, bamboo & cotton fibres are broken down in soil by microorganisms and sunlight. Having reached the end of its useful life, a fabric made from bamboo or cotton can be disposed of in an organic and nature-friendly manner.
Directions for use & Washing Instructions
1. Lightly dampen the pad with warm water before applying micellar water or your favourite product. This ensures it will be absorbed with no runoff
2. First, use the black side to remove dark eye makeup & lipstick. Also, use the black side for exfoliation of the rest of the face if needed TIP – Only recommended once or twice per week at most and may not suit sensitive skin
3. Flip over to the white side and apply cleanser & gently massage the pad into the remaining skin in circular motions to remove dead skin cells and lift away impurities
4. Rinse and repeat with toner if needed and allow to dry on your skin. TIP – if you have sensitive skin, try to find a toner with no alcohol in it
5. Rinse pad in water and wring out excess liquid and then allow to dry naturally. Place the used pad into the 2nd mesh bag
6. When your used pad laundry bag is full, place it in your next wash on a max 40⁰ wash cycle. Straighten the pads when they are wet and then air dry them & return to the storage bag
EcoShoots has been founded to create reusable and sustainable products that help eliminate single-use products for the sake of our environment and future generations. Keep an eye out for other nature-friendly, reusable products from us!
When profitable a proportion of all profits from this and future products will go to the most effective environmental charities via the Work For Good platform.